Let me begin from where I need to begin. And that is by thanking the one who tagged me with an ‘Elevenses Tag’ – Deboshree of “Saddi Delhi’ fame. With her usual ‘paneer and pulao’ spices she bestowed on me this wonderful tag which requires me to dare answer eleven questions framed by her. Thanks a lot, fellow blogger for this tag. I really appreciate it. Though this post lay in my drawer for more than a month, it is high time now that it sees the light of the day. And here go the questions and the answers… tick, tock, tick.
1. Which is your favourite blog post? Why is that so?
My favourite blogpost did you say? If I take it to mean ‘my favourite on my blog’ , then it has to be ‘The Boy Who Loved Making Walls‘. And that’s because it’s so much close to my heart, being a shadow of my own little experiences in this vast world. It’s an epiphany I cherish. And in case I generalise it, then Paulo Coelho’s blog-post called “ Your Love Should Never be Offered” strikes me as a very beautiful one. It’s a collection of beautiful lines said by the Persian poet Hafiz.
2. If you could choose again, which is the profession you would choose for yourself?
Simple. Would love to be a black smith in a small village under a good king, in some medieval time of history. Of course, I would be a blacksmith who has got an interest in literature, creativity, and has a very beautiful wife in a cozy cottage down the hill. (Hope that was simple!)
3. Do you believe in ghosts? If yes, briefly tell us about an encounter.
Would like to answer that by asking you this : Suppose I don’t believe in ghosts, does that mean I can’t have an encounter with them? And what if I believe in them and they do not exist? But anyways, I do not believe in ghosts.
4. If it could be anywhere at all, where would you want to win a paid-vacation to? (I am not sponsoring it by the way.)
To Spain. And that’s because of it’s versatile history, wonderful beauty and the breath-taking landscapes.
5. How do you ward off an irritating customer care call? Or do you straight away press the End Button?
Depends on my mood. If I am jolly, I just start selling some crazy talk to the man which is quite unrelated to the stuff he is vomitting in the phone. And in case I happen to see the red, well I see the red button too.
6. Which is the best book you have ever read?
Many books. Can’t say which one is the best cause I find it really heard to compare stuffs so minutely and creatively different from each other. But my all time favourites are ‘The Lord Of the Rings’, ‘The Lance Of Kanana’, ‘Kane And Abel’, ‘Love Story’, etc.
7. Do you have a dream in the closet? Something you wish you could get back to doing / start doing?
Yeah, I do have one. But it isn’t so much of a dream as a wish, in my case. Everytime I wake up in the morning,I wish that I could wear the white uniform and red tie, and rush straight to my school hoping to meet my buddies on the way and of course make it to the school before the prayer-bell.
8. What scares you the most?
Loneliness. Loneliness, when I am conscious of it.
9. In one word, what is your current state of mind?
Presntly, frankly speaking I am wondering whether I can re-arrange the given questions. But then I am largely at ease, relaxed, and wondering over the thing that not a single person called me up today. An entire day wasted by my silly mobile phone!
10. How do you ward off anxiety? Or, what is the one stressbuster that mostly works for you?
I go on lonely walks through streets and lanes where no one knows who I am. And I keep walking and walking and thinking till I get tired and rush back to throw myself on the bed. Or sometimes more simply, I talk to a friend of mine. (Mind the word friend, cause I really mean it)
11. What do you ask people to initiate small talk, say on a long-haul flight or a train ride?
Depends on the charm,gender, and the age of the person, in the given order.
Since I have answered so many questions, it is only fair that I ask a few. ( All professors need to learn from this- they need to answer before they ask.) Well here it goes people :
1. Describe yourself in three words.
2. What is the one thing in this entire world that you really care about?
3. Which is your favourite lyrics?
4. How often do you think, let’s say, in a day?
5. How often do you think of death?
6. Do you consider yourself to be humorous?
7. Night or Day – take your pick and then tell us why.
8. Do you have a habit that you would like to do away with?
9. Charity. Comment. Please.
10. What is the most beautiful thing that you have done till now?
11. How much important
is it was it for you to write a post in reply to this tag? (You can be sincere at your own risk. )
And here are the eleven lucky people whose answers I would love to see, the newly-crowned Elevenses. ( Hold your breath, and in case your name is called out cheer yourself, buddy. You deserve this.)
The rules of this game are simple. And here they are.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Looking forward to your replies and views people. Have a nice time.